Home staging and Declutter
Network gives tips for selling online at ebay
Tips - selling second hand stuff fast and safely on ebay.
1. Take the best photos of your item that you can.
2. Write very descriptive detail.
3. Research the best clear title.
4. Compare your ad to other similar items for price and details and improve
5. Give a fair postal price or state collection only.
6. For collectible items detail item post code location
7. When posting weigh the item and charge actual postage costs
8. If valuable ensure postage option uses tracking/signed for/special delivery
9. Check your local ebay delivery service and refer to delivery options
10. Reply to enquiries quickly
11. Beware spammers - I would advise you to log in properly to ebay before answering any incoming
ebay mail and don't just 'click on the link'.
12. Don't list your phone number and don't be persuaded to take the item out of the auction once started
- keep to the rules!
13. You can check the history, validity and scoring of potential buyers who may visit your home.
14. If auctioning items and you really want to shift it -
don't set a
reserve 'minimum'. Also say so in your advert and in the title.
15. Use large font and centralise.
16. Make it personal and say 'Thanks for looking - happy bidding!' etc at the end.
17. If your items had no interest, questions or offers consider reducing the price or offering
'make a best offer' before the time runs out.
18. Wrap your item well, protect with bubble wrap and package carefully.
19. Despatch quickly.
20. Give feedback to buyers as a 'good ebayer/fast payer' etc and remind them to give you feedback too.
Click the ebay logo
to enter ebay web site!
The Gumtree online sales web
The Gum tree offers free advertising in your local
area. Buy or sell anything from furniture to accessories and CD
collections. Offer stuff you want to get rid of for free. However
buyers don't need to be registered and can contact you directly so exercise
caution when selling.
5% off a
Home Staging or Declutter professional will help you get rid of your unwanted stuff and turn your home into the well
organised place that you would love to live in - OR SELL your property at the best
Find a local Home staging
and Declutter business at the
Home Staging Network